Business Current Account
In addition to offering you quick and convenient access to your funds via ATMs, point-of-sale terminals and internet payment gateways, the Business Current Account comes with no maintenance fees.
What you can expect
- Quick access to your funds
- Convenient bill payment from your account
- Free internet banking and other digital services
- No maintenance fee
- Free monthly statements to assist you in tracking your business activities
- 24-hour access via debit card/ATM
- Shopping at point-of-sales and online with your debit card
- A chequebook
- There is a minimum average balance
- No interest is paid on the credit balance in your Business Current Account
- A debit interest is calculated daily on overdrawn balances on this account and debited monthly
Opening a Business Current Account with Absa is straightforward. You simply need to set up an appointment with your nearest business banking relationship manager and provide us with the following documents.
- Your business registration documents such as business name registration certificate (in case of sole traders or partnerships), or company registration certificate and other company formation documents such as memorandum and articles of association (in case of companies)
- Business licence certificate if applicable to your business type
- Documentary proof of business address
- A valid identification document such as passport or national identity card for the proprietor, partners, shareholders and/or directors
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old) for proprietor, partners, shareholders and/or directors
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our business banking relationship managers for more information.