Personal Foreign Currency Current Account
Available in US dollar, euro and British pound sterling. Access the funds in your account at a branch and through cheques.
- Account is available in major currencies.
- Access your funds at branches and through cheques.
- Enjoy digital banking services.
- Receive free email statements.
- A debit interest is calculated daily on overdrawn balances on this account and debited monthly.
- No interest is paid on the credit balance in your Personal Foreign Currency Current Account.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
- There is a minimum opening balance.
Opening a Personal Foreign Currency Current Account with Absa is straightforward. Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents:
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
- You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.
Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
You might also be interested in
Fixed deposit and interest-bearing savings accounts that help you reach your goals
Explore loan facilities with flexible repayment terms and competitive interest rates