Personal Foreign Currency Current Account
What you can expect
- Account is available in major currencies.
- Access your funds at branches and through cheques.
- Enjoy digital banking services.
- Receive free email statements.
- A debit interest is calculated daily on overdrawn balances on this account and debited monthly.
- No interest is paid on the credit balance in your Personal Foreign Currency Current Account.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
- There is a minimum opening balance.
Opening a Personal Foreign Currency Current Account with Absa is straightforward. Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents:
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
- You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.