The Prestige Current Account
What you can expect
- Quick and convenient access to your funds via ATMs, point-of-sale (POS) terminals and internet payment gateways
- Free Absa debit card
- A chequebook
- Discounted lending rates
- Higher loan limits when you borrow
- Free monthly statements
- A minimum balance to open the account and to maintain on the account is applicable.
- A minimum monthly salary credit on the account is also applicable.
- No interest is paid on the credit balance in your Prestige Current Account,
- A debit interest is calculated daily on overdrawn balances on this account and debited monthly.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
Opening a Prestige Current Account with Absa is straightforward. You simply need to visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents.
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Your salary slip dating not more than three months earlier
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.