Fixed-term Deposit Account
A Fixed-term Deposit Account can be a great way to save and earn a higher rate of interest over a fixed term.
What you can expect
- Guaranteed rate of interest
- Different deposit periods available
- Minimal cost on breakage of the deposit before maturity
- Choice of account currencies (SCR, GBP, EUR and USD)
- A minimum deposit is required.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
- To open a fixed deposit account, you are required to have a current or savings account with us.
- Please check the latest applicable interest rate.
Opening Fixed-term Deposit Account with Absa is straightforward. Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents.
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.