Instant Savings Account
What you can expect
- Get 24-hour access via debit card or ATM.
- Enjoy internet banking access.
- Keep your spare funds safe.
- You may link your Instant Savings Account as a secondary account on your debit card.
- Receive free monthly statements.
- Interest is accrued monthly on the minimum balance.
- A minimum deposit and opening balance is required.
- A monthly charge is payable for all accounts with average credit balances less than the minimum operating balance.
- Interest is calculated monthly and credited in May and November.
- Please check the latest applicable interest rate.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
Opening an Instant Savings Account with Absa is straightforward. Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents.
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.