Whether you’re saving for a long or short-term goal, we offer savings accounts to meet your specific needs.
- Quick and convenient access to account funds via ATMs, point-of-sale (POS) terminals and internet payment gateways
- Free internet banking and other digital services
- Earn interest on your funds.
- Receive free monthly statements.
- Interest calculated monthly and credited in May and November
- A minimum balance of SCR 1,500 is required to open the account.
- A monthly charge is payable for accounts with average credit balances less than the minimum operating balance of SCR 3,500.
- Interest is calculated monthly and credited in May and November.
- You need a minimum balance of SCR 3,500 in order to start earning interest.
- Please check the latest applicable interest rate.
- You may apply for this account along with another applicant.
Opening a Fixed-term Deposit Account with Absa is straightforward. Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents:
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.