A home loan that’s more than just a mortgage
What you can expect
- Convenient and flexible repayment terms of up to 25 years are available.
- We offer competitive interest rates.
- The home loan is suitable for anyone who wants to buy a new property or improve their current home.
- We can finance up to 80% of the cost of your project.
- Your home or cash can be used as collateral.
- An arrangement fee is applicable when applying for the loan.
Applying for a home loan with Absa is straightforward. You simply need to visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents:
- A valid identification document such as passport or national identity card
- Your latest salary slip
- A letter from your employer confirming you role with your current employer if you have been employed for less than one year
- The plot number of the property to be purchased
- If you are planning to build a house on vacant land, the plans and quotation from the building contractor
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy
- We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence as well as proof of relationship
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.