The Personal Current Account
What you can expect
- 24-hour access via debit card/ATM
- Shopping at point-of-sale terminals and online with your debit card
- Convenient bill payment from your account
- Free internet banking and other digital services
- Access to credit and loan facilities
- Free eStatements
- Free Absa debit card
- There is a minimum opening balance.
- Enjoy quick and convenient access to your funds via ATMs, point-of-sale (POS) terminals and internet payment gateways.
- It includes facility of a chequebook.
- No interest is paid on the credit balance in your Personal Current Account.
- A debit interest is calculated daily on overdrawn balances on this account and debited monthly.
Simply visit your nearest branch and provide us with the following documents.
- A valid identification document such as a passport or national identity card
- Documentary proof of address such as a utility bill (not more than three months old)
- Absa reserves the right to accept or decline any application based on internal policy. We may request additional documentation as deemed necessary.
- If you do not receive any bills in your name, you may bring along the bill of the owner of your residence along with proof of relationship.
- Other documentary proof may be acceptable. Please consult our personal bankers for more information.
You may complete the application form beforehand and bring it along to the branch on your visit. This will greatly speed up the process.